Its a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy.
12.26.2010 - 01.05.2011 52 °F
The whopping 5 days of 2011 have been very inspiring for me. I've already made goals for myself, which are very typical for a new year, but I feel like this time is different. I brought in the new year with my best friend and 7 straight hours on her couch in Charlotte watching bowl games while eating chili. Pure happiness. Just simplistic happiness. Then I realized, this is the kind of thing thats made me happy all along. This year is going to be a helluva lot different than last.
For my first blog of 2011, I decided I was going to post my very own bucket list for the year. Ironically, as if we're not freakishly the same person already, my friend Madison from Prague posted a bucket list on her personal blog. Its quite inspiring because its nothing cliche like skydiving or whatever. Just goals realistically within grasp. So I decided to create mine for just 2011 alone, so hopefully then, throughout the year, ya'll can help me check items off and I can share these adventures as they come. I'm sure this list will grow with nit picky ones, but these are the biggens for now..
- Run a marathon
- Get back on the level of piano where I left off
- Get a big girl job during the summer
- Volunteer more often
- Take my sisters on a getaway
- Make Dean's List (we'll shoot for at least the Spring for now!)
- Go to a country I've never been before
- Rekindle a lost friendship
- Make it a point to see and learn more about my family
- Visit an old friend I haven't seen in a while
- Fall in love and give all my love
- Keep up going to church
- Find a new hobby that I can become passionate about
- Read a classic book
- Apply to grad school (or somethin' along those lines..)